Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Close-up of slider I used for the newer necklace I listed in my Etsy Shop last week. The chain was crafted from nickel jump rings in a double spiral weave. Ideally, this is a choker, but at the moment it's about 21 inches long. It can be easily altered to any length desired.

Chokers are my favorite pieces to design. They are ancient ... a beauty made of gold and lapis lazuli was excavated in the archaeological site of the ancient city of Ur dated between 2500-2400 BCE and can be seen at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

This pretty slider has been in my stash for years. I found it in a small shop in Laramie, WY while vacationing a number of years ago. My son attended a technial school there to learn all about the ins and outs of the huge engines that power diesel trucks which carry just about anything and everything we purchase each and every day.

I could use another trip to Wyoming! It's blazing hot in Texas. Blistering hot. Some cool mountain evening air would be most welcomed. However, these dogged days are good for my business. Staying in to create and photo and list is a good way to beat the heat!

1 comment:

rkdsign88 said...

Very pretty & elegant